Also known as pot or weed, marijuana is made from the cannabis plant and produces feelings of pleasurable relaxation thanks to the chemical THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) found in the plant’s leaves. Because of the drug’s euphoric effects, those who misuse marijuana are at risk of developing a cannabis use disorder, which can not only cause tremendous damage in a person’s life but can also be all but impossible to overcome without professional help.
At The Manor Clinic, we understand the pain and danger that can result from cannabis misuse, and we also know that this problem can be overcome. As such, we provide comprehensive treatment that gives those who are struggling with cannabis misuse the chance to retake their lives and strive for long-term sobriety.
Why consider cannabis addiction treatment at The Manor Clinic
Though marijuana is falsely considered by many to be less dangerous than other drugs, it still has the ability to cause immense disruption in the lives of those who misuse it. Cannabis use can result in a decrease in cognitive functioning as well as a loss of motivation, leading to difficulties at work, potential job loss, and long-term unemployment. Cannabis use has also been linked with relationship difficulties, potentially causing someone who is misusing the drug to experience social isolation. Cannabis smoke also contains high levels of compounds that are known to cause cancer and other respiratory illness.
Marijuana use has also been linked with other mental health conditions such as schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders. The consequences of misusing marijuana can no doubt be severe, but with proper help from experienced staff members at a comprehensive treatment centre, it is possible to reclaim one’s life from marijuana misuse and move towards a healthier life.
Types of treatment for marijuana addiction offered at The Manor Clinic
Located in Southampton, this 14-bed centre supplies high quality treatment to individuals who are struggling with addictions to substances and co-occurring mental health disorders. With ensuite rooms that are accessible to individuals with limited mobility and treatment methods and modalities that are proven effective in helping adults break free from chemical dependency, this centre is where lives are transformed for the better.
The team of professionals who deliver treatment at The Manor Clinic go above and beyond to help patients reach their recovery goals and are able to do so because of their expertise in treating people battling the disease of addiction. Respect for the dignity of each person entrusted into our care is revered, and the therapeutic experience at this centre is focused solely on the needs of each patient.
When an individual elects to receive treatment for cannabis addiction at The Manor Clinic, the following methods of treatment can be incorporated into a man or woman’s personally tailored treatment plan, whether they are embarking on a 28, 14 or 7-day programme::
- Medically assisted detox
- Medication management
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family support
- Experiential therapy
Treatment at The Manor Clinic is a truly personal and unique experience. We tailor each treatment plan to meet the needs of those we treat, and we strive to ensure that each man and women entrusted into our care achieves his or her recovery goals. Furthermore, in choosing to recover from addiction to marijuana at The Manor Clinic, patients become part of our family, and are able to receive continued support from other alumni via our Alumni Services long after completing treatment at our exemplary centre.
If you or someone you care about is in need of effective cannabis addiction treatment, look no further than The Manor Clinic. Our staff is available to answer any questions that you or your friend or family member may have, and we are happy to help you determine if our centre is where the next and sober chapter in your life can commence.
At The Manor Clinic, a healthier, substance-free future awaits.
Helping a loved one get treatment for marijuana addiction
Watching someone struggle with marijuana misuse can be a painful experience, but there are many things you can do to help them. Consider the following:
- Learn as much as you can about marijuana. In doing so, you can build your ability to recognise the signs and symptoms of marijuana abuse and intoxication and learn how to best handle their marijuana misuse.
- Research the treatment options available at The Manor Clinic.
- Talk openly with them and share your concerns with him or her. In doing so, make sure you remain as non-judgmental and patient as possible, as it can be easy for your conversations to turn into arguments.
- Once your friend or family member is ready to enter treatment, think of ways to help him or her transition into care. If it would be helpful, consider supporting them by accompanying him or her to appointments.
- Pay attention to your own physical and mental health. You will be of little help to them if you do not take care of your own needs. Maintain your physical health by exercising, eating healthy, and sleeping seven to eight hours per night, and maintain your mental health by seeking support from family and friends, investing time in your hobbies, or doing other things that give you energy. Many people also find it helpful to join a support group or seek help from a therapist.